Salary: Circa £45 - £50K DOE
Newhaven Port & Properties Limited have an exciting opportunity for a Port Engineer to help us to continue with our plans for further growth and development, and the delivery of our long-term strategy.
We are seeking a suitably experienced and qualified individual who is looking for an opportunity to continue their career development and wants to establish a long-term career with a successful team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering maritime and /or river engineering projects from inception to handover
- Preparation of calculations and project documentation including technical notes, specifications and reports
- Assisting with business development and the preparation of bids and tenders
- Ensuring that all plans and works are delivered to the highest standard and are aligned with current legislation and codes of practice
- Overcoming both day-to-day engineering problems and developing long term solutions in line with operational and budgetary constraints
- Identify and manage environmental matters
- Working with supplier resources to deliver projects to the time, quality and budget requirements
- Liaising with all departments on completion of routine tasks across the Port’s infrastructure
- Managing the fault and default reporting system and action plans
- Conducting routine Port infrastructure inspections and compiling reports
- Staff supervision of the engineering, mechanical, maintenance and general port ops teams.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the maintenance of the positive public image of the Port
Candidate Experience & Personal Specification:
- Experience in engineering design, contract documentation and construction supervision, with strengths in water related civils, river and/or maritime engineering
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of current codes of practice and industry standards, including consents and the approvals process for all aspects of the role.
- Motivated towards improving team and individual performance
- Flexible approach to working hours which may include weekends, bank holidays and unsociable hours
- Previous staff supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent user of all Microsoft IT packages
A Chartered/Professionally qualified engineer or approaching chartered/qualified incorporated status
Alternatively a degree qualified civil and/or maritime engineering (MEng level in an associated subject would be advantageous)
In return you will receive:
A competitive salary
Relocation cost assistance
28 days annual leave plus all bank holidays
Training and development
Generous pension contribution scheme
Please apply today by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 30 September 2017.
Site Security Officer
We have an immediate vacancy for a Site Security Officer to be based at The South Gate, East Quay, Newhaven, East Sussex.
Working on a shift rota basis you will be working 12-hour shifts including days, nights, weekends and bank holidays (4 x shifts on, 4 x off).
Your role is to ensure that all reasonable efforts are made to protect the Port and that staff and visitors are able to go about their business in a safe and friendly environment.
Main duties will include:
- Assisting customers
- Reporting incidents
- Dealing with confrontational situations and respond to them in a professional manner
- Maintaining visitor records
- Site patrolling
- To act within the authorities set out by Management and the company’s working procedures
Reliable with excellent time-management skills
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly with people at all levels
- A Confident and professional manner
- Conflict management aware
- To be able to observe and accurately record incidents as they occur.
- Able to prioritise workloads and be flexible in the approach to varied tasks
Please apply by sending your C.V to email@example.com
Closing date for applications 27 August 2017.